Then, Grey began to "explore." I say explore because he moves in slow motion most of the time, and his face is so expressive that you can literally see the trouble he is thinking of causing and dissuade him before he begins. Recently, Grey has begun "exploring" more unique items in our house...his sister's twistable crayons, the faucet in our tub, the box of trash bags under the sink. The other day I left him for a mere thirty seconds. He was playing perfectly quietly with some blocks in the bonus room. When I returned, he was no where to be found. After a moment of searching, I found him in our bathroom, trash can upturned, look of pure glee in his lovely dark little eyes. The ironic twist? The tee I had chosen for him that day.... I love this boy. His perfection is made only more sweet by the fact that at 13 months he knows just the right moment to show his little imperfections.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Mr. Perfect
Those of you who know our children know that there just isn't many negative things we can say about Greyson. It isn't that he's perfect; it's just that he doesn't really ever do anything we can complain about. He sleeps 15-16 hours a day, it takes 30 seconds to put him down for a nap or for bed, he eats VERY well (although out of honesty I suppose I must say that he does yell a bit if he doesn't feel we are feeding him quickly enough), and since learning how to sleep through the night at 3 months, he has never woken up in the middle of the night. Never. Not even when teething. He is serious and kind, and he loves to cuddle. Who can really say anything bad about a kid like that? In fact, his first year went so well that I was beginning to think that my classroom assistant's comment about me getting another naughty little boy was hogwash. I even purchased him a t-shirt at the Gap outlet that said, "Mr. Perfect" because he really is kind of perfect.
Then, Grey began to "explore." I say explore because he moves in slow motion most of the time, and his face is so expressive that you can literally see the trouble he is thinking of causing and dissuade him before he begins. Recently, Grey has begun "exploring" more unique items in our house...his sister's twistable crayons, the faucet in our tub, the box of trash bags under the sink. The other day I left him for a mere thirty seconds. He was playing perfectly quietly with some blocks in the bonus room. When I returned, he was no where to be found. After a moment of searching, I found him in our bathroom, trash can upturned, look of pure glee in his lovely dark little eyes. The ironic twist? The tee I had chosen for him that day.... I love this boy. His perfection is made only more sweet by the fact that at 13 months he knows just the right moment to show his little imperfections.
Then, Grey began to "explore." I say explore because he moves in slow motion most of the time, and his face is so expressive that you can literally see the trouble he is thinking of causing and dissuade him before he begins. Recently, Grey has begun "exploring" more unique items in our house...his sister's twistable crayons, the faucet in our tub, the box of trash bags under the sink. The other day I left him for a mere thirty seconds. He was playing perfectly quietly with some blocks in the bonus room. When I returned, he was no where to be found. After a moment of searching, I found him in our bathroom, trash can upturned, look of pure glee in his lovely dark little eyes. The ironic twist? The tee I had chosen for him that day.... I love this boy. His perfection is made only more sweet by the fact that at 13 months he knows just the right moment to show his little imperfections.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments: