Due to a summer school class that I taught as part of a class at Grand Valley, I'm a little behind in posting. Sorry! I'll get caught up over the next few days. In the meantime, I thought I would share a few pics of our holiday festivities over the 4th.
As always, we took in the Graafschaap Fire Department Annual Pancake Breakfast, held this year on July 3. This has been a DeWys family tradition for the last several years, and it was great to attend again with Troy's parents and our sister in law, Sami.

Unfortunately, both Troy and his brother, Travis, had to work, so we had to eat without them. The kids had a terrific time playing on the fire engines and restocking their collection of plastic firefighting helmets. This year, there was a new addition as well...shooting the fire hose!

Kaden was all about it, but Lauryn waited in line a full five minutes and then decided that the boy assisting the kids with their shooting made her nervous. Oh, well.
On the actual fourth, we had a cookout with my parents, my brother, Karl, and his wife, Tracey.

We lit off sparklers with the kids and just relaxed. It was very nice, and the kids had a great time there as well!

Enjoy the pics! More to come on our busy July activities!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments: