Sunday, April 25, 2010

Splish, Splash I Was Taking a Bath...

There is just something about bathing a baby! Their little expressions of awe as they squeeze the bubbles and giggle.... the way they splash and then look so surprised when the water sprinkles down on them....wrapping them up in a towel that is way too big for their sweet little bodies...holding them all warm and dry and smelling so lovely. Most days, this is exactly how I feel when I bathe my children. They are so fun in the tub, and they say such sweet things, and sometimes it's the first time in the day when we have slowed down enough to really talk, and I love it.

Most days...

Other days, things like this happen:
1. I turn around to grab the baby shampoo, and when I turn back around, both boys have simultaneously pooped. No lie. I don't know how they did it, but I'm sure it was planned.

2. I reach around the edge of the tub for a boat that Kaden has requested and all of the sudden I hear, "Oh, no...I peeing...on Grey's head!" Yes, that's right. Kaden was standing there with a look of shock on his face, and Greyson was squinting up into a stream of urine that was splashing directly onto his forehead and running down into his eyes. Thank heaven that urine is sterile, and that is not the first time I have said that.

3. I hear a gasp of pain from Kaden and turn to see Greyson grabbing him in a not-so-appropriate spot with a not-so-gentle grasp and a look of pure glee on his little cherub face. (Perhaps he was getting back at him for his urine shower???)

Either way, after these experiences I have begun to wonder...should I not bathe my boys together? My mom always bathed at least two of us together, and as a time saver, I think it just makes sense. Yet...somehow these things never happen when Lauryn takes her bath. Hmmm....let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: