On Monday, our first day in the Windy City, it was very warm and sunny, so we headed straight to the Lincoln Park Zoo. It was awesome! It is a free zoo, so you only have to pay to park. We saw some great animals...polar bears, silver back apes, rhinos, and a giraffe, to name a few.
Tuesday was Lauryn's birthday, and the peak of the day was spent at American Girl Place.
Wednesday was cold and rainy, which made it the perfect day to head to Shedd's Aquarium and spend the day indoors. We checked out early and went straight there as we had heard it could be a long wait to get in. When we got there, the line was already down the fifty steps to the entrance and back along the sidewalk to the Field Museum. We had been patiently standing in line for about five minutes when a nice lady behind us said, "Oh, you have a stroller; you can do to the accessible entrance on the other side." Well...the accessible entrance wait is about a third of the time. We only waited about 35 minutes, which was short.
To wrap up this post, I thought I'd leave you with a few Chi-town quotes:
Kaden (when arriving at the hotel room): "So dis is we new home? Where do we put our shoes?"
Kaden (while walking down Michigan Ave.): "I mahd."
Kate: "Why are you mad, honey?"
Kaden: "Tuz I want to doh to the dity."
Kate: "We did go to the city...this is the city."
Kaden: "Oh...dis is it, huh?"
Yes, you may have noticed that many of our funniest quotes are from Kaden. What can I say? He has a unique perspective on life.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments: